Yukon Nominee Program
Yukon Nominee Program
To be nominated under Yukon Nominee Program (YNP), business owners can apply for YNP to hire foreign workers when their business can’t fill a permanent full-time job with a Canadian or permanent resident. The Government of Yukon doesn’t recruit workers on behalf of Yukon business. Foreign workers can bring a spouse or common-law partner and dependent children under the age of 18 to Yukon, if approved by IRCC. Refugees and people who don’t possess a job offer from a business in Yukon can’t apply under this program.
1. Determine which nomination stream to apply to.
2. Make sure you are eligible to apply.
3. Complete and submit the program application.
4. qualified foreign workers will be nominated to the Government of Canada to receive permanent resident visas to live and work in Yukon through the Yukon Nominee Program. The federal government decides if the worker can immigrate to Canada.
There are three nomination streams under this program
1. Express Entry: for NOC A, 0 or B categories. The foreign worker must also meet the requirements of a federal economic immigration program. Employers can apply to the Express Entry stream if the position they are hiring
for falls in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) A, 0 or B categories.
- 1) The employer finds a qualified foreign worker by using either:
i. Canada’s Job Bank to be matched with eligible foreign workers; or
ii. the Express Entry stream of the Yukon Nominee Program to offer a job to a foreign worker.
- 2) The employer must prove there is no qualified Canadian or permanent resident for a position.
- 3) The foreign worker must show they meet the requirements for 1 of the 3 Express Entry Economic Immigration programs.
- 4) The foreign worker creates an Express Entry profile to enter the candidate pool. The foreign worker receives an Express Entry Profile Number and, if applicable, a Job Seeker Validation Code.
- 5) The foreign worker proves they have enough money, as determined by the federal government based on the size of their family.
- 6) The employer and foreign worker complete the Yukon Express Entry application.
- 7) The foreign worker provides us with the completed application and any other documents we need.
- 8) The federal government invites the foreign worker to apply for permanent residence.
- 9) The foreign worker provides any documents the federal government needs to complete the permanent residence application. For instance, a criminal record check or medical report.
- 10) We work with the federal government to verify the foreign worker’s documents.
- 11) The foreign worker receives permanent residence, usually within 6 months or our verifying the application.
2. Skilled Worker Program: for NOC 0, A or B categories.
3. Critical Impact Worker Program: for NOC C or D categories. Employers can apply to the Skilled Worker stream if the position they are hiring for falls in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) A, 0 or B categories
and the Critical Impact Worker stream if the position falls in the C or D categories.
1) Employers and foreign workers complete the Yukon Nominee Program application.
i. Ensure foreign worker language tests are under 2 years old as we only accept recent language tests.
ii. Ensure your supporting documents are certified, true copies. If you include any translated documents, other than English or French, make sure you include a certified translation.
iii. Make sure all application fields are completed. Use “N/A” to mark fields that are not applicable.
2) Submit your application and supporting documents either in person by booking an appointment or by mail.
- be a permanent resident of Canada;
- have been operating in Yukon as:
- a registered Yukon business with an office in Yukon for at least 1 year before you apply to the program;
- an industry association with an office in Yukon for at least 1 year before you apply to the program;
- a municipal, First Nation or territorial government for at least 1 year before you apply to the program; or
- a non-profit organization for at least 3 years, with funding for at least 1 year following your application to the program.
- have current and valid required licenses under applicable federal, territorial and municipal requirements;
- be in a registered business that has operated in Yukon for at least 1 year on a full- time basis; and
- not be operating any of the following types of businesses:
- bed and breakfasts of less than 10 rooms
- hobby farms
- home-based businesses or distribution operations
- taxi-cab companies
- businesses owned and operated by active Yukon Business Nominees
- passive investments
- business consultation and personal services
- real estate
- holdings companies
Foreign Worker Eligibility:
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply to the Skilled Worker or Critical Impact Worker programs:
- have a valid Temporary Work Permit (TWP) or student visa, if in Canada at the time of the application;
- not be a refugee claimant, visitor or be under implied status;
- have a guaranteed job offer in Yukon that meets the economic and other criteria for nomination;
- provide proof of qualifying work experience:
- Critical Impact Worker Program. You need at least 6 months of full-time relevant work experience over the 10-year period before the date of your Yukon Nominee Program application; or
- Skilled Worker Program. You need at least 12-months full-time relevant work experience over the 10-year period before the date of your Yukon Nominee Program application.
- show you meet the language requirements for the skill level of the position. Language requirements can be found in the Application Handbook; and
- intend to live in Yukon and apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residence within 3 to 6 months of starting work.
Learn more about eligibility for the Skilled Worker and Critical Impact Worker programs in the Yukon Nominee Program policy. In addition to the requirements listed above, a foreign worker must also meet the requirements of the following federal economic immigration programs to be eligible for Express Entry under the Yukon Nominee Program: If you are an employer or a candidate who would like to apply under this stream, please get in touch with our team of professional, and we will be happy to assist you.